We currently employ 19 supported employees, who work between two and five days per week during all seven days, depending on their circumstances.
Employment Services Manager reports to the Christie Centre Executive Officer and Business Manager.
- Krister Jonsson - employment services manager
- Chris Elmitt - Supervisor
- Kim Chapman – Supervisor
- Derek Birkby - Supervisor Shop and sales yard
- Jenni DalFarra- Administration
- Sammy Johnson - Supervisor Receival Station
- Dale Gane- Supervisor receival station on weekends
Volunteers are a vital to the continued successful operation of Aroundagain. They are rostered to work 7 days per week and have only public holidays off when the land fill is closed to the public.
We value the contributions of our volunteers and support them through induction on their role and information about the broader Christie Centre organisation. We keep a tally of hours worked which when converted to a $ value is astounding. In 2009/10 an average of 167 hours per month and 2007 for the year were recorded.
Interested in volunteering at Aroundagain?
- Talk to other volunteers
- Talk to the Manager
- Meet with Executive Officer of the Christie Centre to complete start up forms and for an overview of the organisation
- Tony Fabbeni
- Bob Hill
- George Malic
- Ray Macintosh
- Geoff Syme
- Jim Wilton
- Joy Fechner
- Loretta Kerridge
- John Walter
- Fred Posgate
- Bronwyn McAllister
- Asher Philip
How do people with a disability access our service?
1. To be eligible the person with a disability must:
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Want to work, and need training and support.
- Be referred by a Centrelink Disability Officer.
2. Following referral, an appointment is made with the Executive Officer or Employment Services Manager
3. At the interview the applicant and Manager discuss work options and interests.
4. The Manager will inform the applicant if there is a vacancy.
- If not, the Manager will suggest other agencies.
- If a vacancy exists and fits the applicant, the Manager will arrange a trial.